Questions will be submitted by the public to be considered by the Meeting Committee leading up to the meeting. Submit a question via the button below. Approved questions will be asked by our Moderator to the panel. #BWGCandidates
You are invited to join us: Monday, September 24th. Doors open to the public at 7pm
Please register and/or submit questions below. You do not have to be in attendance for your question to be considered by the committee. In order to accommodate time constraints with a large number of candidates, there will be one question asked to each Ward candidate with the reply to be video taped and posted online after the meeting date. Ward Councillors will be in attendance for an informal meet and greet with voters only and you are encouraged to ask your question in person at that time
CANDIDATES MEETING RULES
1. Substitutes or stand-ins for the candidate will not be allowed.
2. To preserve a non-partisan atmosphere during the meeting, no campaign banners, signs or other campaign paraphernalia will be allowed.
3. Campaign literature may be placed on designated tables.
4. Candidates should arrive at least 15 minutes before their scheduled appearance to attend to last minute details such as review of the format and for microphone instructions or adjustments. Doors open at 7pm.
Mayoral & Deputy Mayoral question panel:
1. A moderator will conduct the meeting and has the responsibility to interrupt the proceedings to enforce the ground rules and format.
2. Time limits are as follows: A timekeeper will keep track of the time allotted to candidates as they speak and/or respond. The timekeeper will give a time warning signal and “Stop” at the appropriate times. A signal will used to indicate time is up.
3. Questions from the audience not be offered. Questions must be submitted prior to the event. The questions will be asked by the moderator.
4. 2 Minute Opening Statement at the beginning, 2 Minute Closing Statement at the end for each candidate.
Remember the rules you set are to ensure absolute fairness for everyone. Rules may be added / edited / removed as needed.
1. 6:15pm to 7pm – taping in a quiet, separate room of your question on tape to be used online after the meeting. Candidates will be asked “What is the most significant issue facing BWG today?” by our emcee who will then give the candidates 3-minutes to answer. We will NOT be editing the answers, or doing retakes. We will stop taping at the 3-minute mark.
4. 7:30pm to 8:15pm Formal questions for Mayor and Deputy Mayor Candidates as asked by the emcee. There will be open discussion by the group based on time. We expect a civil and respectful discussion that sticks to the issue on the table.
2. Doors open to the public at 7pm.
3. 7pm to 7:30pm Informal meet and greet (continued taping of ward councillor candidates)
4. 7:30pm to 8:15pm Formal questions for Mayor and Deputy Mayor Candidates as asked by the emcee
5. 9pm to 9:30pm – (continued taping of ward councillor candidates)
Tapings will be first come, first served in each time slot.
#BBT #BWGCandidates #voiceofbusiness